Pirate Lab/Meeting/25 11 2017
|Date||Sat 25 November 2017|
|Find routes on OpenStreetMap|
|Clone this meeting|
Pirate Lab November 2017
About this meeting
Pirate Labs can be seen as incubators for pirate projects. This is the perfect place for people to propose their ideas and to launch new projects.
If you have any ideas of projects, or want to help other projects, please do come!
Confirm venue Create facebook event (then destroy facebook)Done : https://www.facebook.com/events/304282546735619/
Lab starts at 2 pm. For those who want to lunch together before the lab, they can coordinate on the following pad:
Suggestions for the agenda happen on this pad. We strongly advise you to read the pad before coming to this lab!
8 people were present to this lab.
At the end of the meeting, we decided to:
- Organize an informal event on 21 January 2018, Brussels (De Markten)
- Work further on the website. Next website meeting : 9 December 2017, 2pm, in Mechelen
There won't be a Pirate Lab in December, so the next lab will be on 27 January 2018, 2pm, in Gembloux.
Below are the reporting of the subgroups.
Organize a pre-GA informal event
The idea is to organize an informal event that will be the starting point of next GA.
The informal event will be in two parts:
- A brunch-potluck, where everyone brings what they want to eat. We will provide bread and soup as "basic food"
- A drink, after the brunch
In the brunch part, small tables will be placed in a café-style.
We decided to organize this event in De Markten (TODO: check the price), on Sunday 21st January 2018.
The idea is to work on the website, and to tell a story about the Pirates (what's wrong in our society, what do we propose, etc.)
In the end, we concluded that:
- We should define what are the values and diagnosis ("what's going wrong in our society?") shared by pirates, and the solution we propose
- We should find a way to keep a focus point when we start debating about values, etc.
- "In control of (y)our life" section, followed by another section "How can we achieve that?"
- "A new way of doing politics"
We need to tell a true/entertaining/intriguing story to people
- Did we lose our dignity?
- Can we recover our dignity?
- Did we lose control? <- this one seems to have the current support of the group
How to rearrange the homepage, so it conveys more information using less space? (we currently lose a lot of space on the sides, without scrolling)