Internal Democracy/Meeting/27 08 2017
|Date||Sun 27 August 2017|
|Find routes on OpenStreetMap|
|Clone this meeting|
About this workgroup
The internal democracy workgroup organizes meetings to think and discuss about the inner working of the Belgian pirate party. The goal is to define rules, methodology, or guidelines that can lead to a democratic decision-making within a group. More generally, we experiment around the concept of "co-creative meeting", where every attendees share the common desire of building something together.
At this moment we are working on guidelines on how to hold a meeting.
Please read carefully our meeting guidelines, as they will be used during this meeting.
The aim of this meeting will be to work on the structure of the information, and on guidelines for the reporting.
- keep working to have a simple guidelines structure containing some recommended fundamentals
- keep working about the reporting (where do we report (wiki/pad/mindmap/pictures/documents ?), how do we structure the information ?)
- keep practicing with our own Internal Democracy guidelines.
- have a look to collect comments on Media:MeetingGuideLinesVisual.svg (see below)
In addition, last time we decided that:
- we should discuss whether we enlarge the group purposes to "Internal Democracy" instead of "Internal Democracy : Creating guidelines";
- we should talk about what individuals has to do in order to have a co-creative meeting, and discuss whether we need guidelines for this;
- we should discuss how to include the commitments that everybody has to do at the end of the meeting.
Everybody who wants to help with this is, of course, welcome :)
Unfortunately, I didn't take notes of important information, such as the date of the next meeting, but here is what I remember Please complete this if you have some notes... (This is funny, because of the main topic discussed during the meeting, that is, reporting ^^') --~~~~
We followed the co-creative guidelines. As we were only four, we chose to not split and to discuss about the purpose of reporting. Below is a mindmap produced during this meeting:
We decided that next time we should talk about the structure of information. As there is a wiki workshop dedicated to "how to structure the information on the wiki" planned on 23rd September 2017, we will have the opportunity to talk further about this topic on this meeting. We thus decided that the next meeting will be on 12th November 2017, in order to reflect on and apply the guidelines.
I've stumbled upon this article that aims to define what should be a good meeting (doesn't this remind you of something ? ;) ). There is also a section on note taking. --HgO (talk) 21:13, 2 August 2017 (CEST)