ITSquad/Meeting/23 04 2017
|Sun 23 April 2017
|Hgo, Damiens, Tierce, Paskal,
|Find routes on OpenStreetMap
|Clone this meeting
Train : station Limal (from Ottignies or Leuven)
Car : E411 near Wavre
Starting after 10:00 in the morning, and as long as we want.
- Continue to try the work not alone approach.
- Tune up, feedback, updates, backups, etc of our instance of Mastodon
- Follow up the test installation of a mail server under @parley.be about our mails
- And as a reminder of a previous lab a Mindmap : https://framindmap.org/c/maps/124699/public
We keep discussing about the idea to join https://chatons.org/
One question is «can we as a Political Party?» -> Chapter 2.4 (Neutralité) of their Manifesto
- "La neutralité du CHATONS est aussi une neutralité politique dans la mesure où les convictions de chaque membre ne seront ni examinées ni sanctionnées tant qu'elle n'outrepassent pas le cadre législatif en vigueur."
So it seems that it's not even an issue.
Maybe we can ask them directly throught : https://framalistes.org/sympa/subscribe/chatons
- tierce is already subscribed to that list.
We encoutered some spammers / bots / ... from other instances. Do we consider bannishing domains ?
- Annoying for : HgO, vanecx,
- A bit frustrating for : skal
- Not annoying for : tierce (users can block by themself), Ilja, zefredz
We will postpone the decision to the next meeting, so that we see if it's just a temporary issue, because of the recent adoption of Mastodon by Japanese people.
User bannishing / Banning policy
About banning people for racism, etc. we discussed whether we ban those people or not.
What about the basic text ? We said that everybody should respect those values
- Saying that we don't ban is the same as saying "do whatever you want"
We need to adopt a methodology before banning someone
About welcome messages for new accounts on our ppbe instance? For instance : https://witches.town/users/Alda/updates/103270
Everybody agreed on "Mastodon - PiratesBE"
About upgrading the instance from v1.1 to v1.2
Reminder: we followed this installation guide: https://github.com/ummjackson/mastodon-guide/blob/master/up-and-running.md
There is a new release each 4 days, but we are not ready to upgrade yet (needs to setup a test server, backups, etc.).
We tried this on our @parley.be test mail server : https://linuxconfig.org/docker-container-backup-and-recovery
- ok for images / containers but what about Volumes ? https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-work-with-docker-data-volumes-on-ubuntu-14-04
For instance the mails are «stored locally» and not in a container.
We have set up another mastodon instance to be able to test backup / restore / updates.