The Pirate Party is in perpetual evolution. It's time for a new General Assembly cycle.
It will start in May, 31th and will end with the actual General Assembly on August 9th.
We will follow a new protocol, voted during the last General Assembly:
Motion 2 (Statutes), point 14 of the following document: http://wiki.pirateparty.be/images/c/c4/EGA14-01_voting_document.pdf
Approved by the General Assembly of January 2014: Events/EGA:2014-01/voting-day1
"The Coreteam meets to define questions for Pirates. The questions should be simply worded, unambiguous and as open as possible"
Subject will be:
How can we improve the internal functioning of the Pirate Party in the coming years, based on the experiences of the past years?
Contribution (5 weeks) | May, 31st to July, 5th at 23h59
" All the Pirates have the opportunity to make any response (s) to the question (s) asked. The duration of this period is five weeks. After two weeks, then every week, the Coreteam send an email to motivate all members. The texts are published on the website as and when they arrive, and assigned a number that identifies it. At the end of five weeks, no further contributions will be accepted, the list of contributions is stopped. "
Amendments (3 weeks) | July, 6th to July 26th at 23h59 <== We are here
"All the Pirates have the opportunity to modify, edit, delete, correct, translate contributions. The duration of this period is three weeks. At the end of three weeks, all amended texts become the " raw material " from which will be drawn up proposals to vote. "
Proposals to vote ( 2 weeks) | July 26th to August 8th at 23h59
"All Pirates have the opportunity to build from the "raw material" proposals to vote . The duration of this period is two weeks."
General Assembly | 9th of August
The next General Assembly will start soon.
- When: the 9th of August 2014 from 10h untill 18h30
- Where: L'Eskive - Groeselenbergstraat 57, 1180 Ukkel (Old Parnasse Deux Alice Location) (https://www.facebook.com/papillonivre)
Tram 4 (direction Stalle) to HERO, then take the 38, 41, or 60 until busstop Houzeau
- Description of the location: The building was serving as a hospital before. We gather in the room in the rear at ground floor. There's a small sort of kitchen in another room.
10h: Introduction: short history, current way of working: by Kash & Jonas
11h: Voting the proposals that are built from the 'raw material text' on this link: http://wiki.pirateparty.be/index.php/Events/EGA:2014-08/Proposals (During the past weeks you were able to make and discuss proposals on the wiki: http://wiki.pirateparty.be/index.php/Events/EGA:2014-08 )
Money: remuneration of mandates and membership fees: 45 min
Conflict resolution: 1 hour
Structure of the party: 1,5 hour
Intermezzo: coreteam voting
Renaming the pirate party? (Not clear if voted on.): 45 min
17h30: Thank you board!
18h: Coming events and other
- Who: all members of the party. Check if you paid the membership fee :-) : http://finance.pirateparty.be/forms/member_test
- Food: 'potluck': bring food to share.
- Drinks: free tapwater, Belgoo Luppoo beer can be bought. You can bring your own drinks too :-)
- Bring: food and something to sit on if not communicated otherwise here.
- Register: at the Facebook event: Pirate Party General Assembly: https://www.facebook.com/events/1480320772209998
- Parking space: enough space to park, there's a big parking lot.
- Entrance: free of course :-)