Note for the next time : maybe we need a better tool for proposals and amendments
After having using it, I think the Wiki (and/ or without the pads) is not the right tool for amendments. Maybe a group should try to find a better tool or to build one or to modify getop for the next time.
Here are some missing features IMHO :
- Proposal formating that makes amendments easier to do on a proposal or paragraphe of a proposal
- History and diff for the amendments done on each proposal/paragraph and not to the page itself
- Discussion thread on each amendments and proposals
- Easier way to translate proposals and amendments
- Possibility to add motivation and argumentation on the proposals and amendments
- Display amendments and questions in a separate view of the web site instad of directly into the text of the proposal to facilitate the work of the translators and the verification of translantions
- Get Op was an official input channel, it's just not been used at all. Now that the amendment period is done, we are going to sort the proposals and copy them into Get Op for discussion and reformulation. --Vincent L. (talk) 15:04, 27 July 2014 (CEST)
I saw that the french translation for squad has been edited from "squad" to "escouade". I have no problem with that, but we decided at the GA meeting, last sunday, that we won't translate "squad". The thing is that we need to publish a list of conventions before the translation process, in order to avoid waste of time. --HgO (talk) 23:03, 26 July 2014 (CEST)
Traductions pour les prochaines AG
Après discussion lors de la réunion BW, il nous est venu l'idée suivante pour les traductions :
- Recommander à ceux qui font leurs propositions de les traduire dans au moins une autre langue, ceci afin de faciliter le travail des traducteurs bénévoles et de permettre à plus de monde de discuter de ces propositions
- Prévoir une réunion de traduction, l'indiquer sur le wiki et en faire un max de pub. Cette réunion aura pour but de traduire le gros des propositions. Idéalement, les pirates devraient s'attendre à ce que la plupart des propositions soient traduites à partir de ce jour-là.