What Pirates say about this topic 📣
Pirates protect privacy. Pirates fight against the advancing surveillance and controlled state, as this hampers free development of the individual. A free and democratic society is impossible without private and unspyed free space.
Values of the Pirate Party
The right to privacy for citizens
- The right to privacy has to protect citizens against possible abuse by the rulers (= large organizations such as states and businesses).
- The Pirates understand privacy by the right to discretion (= secrecy correspondence, personal data, financial situation), the right to be anonymous and the right to self-determination.
- Privacy is in accordance with the Pirates a prerequisite for individual freedom. Under the guise of security the state wants to know more and more about its citizens. The Pirates are not willing to give up our privacy for the alleged safety.
- Confidentiality should never go beyond the protection of the individual and may never harm other individuals. The right to privacy may be violated if there are solid and individual-specific suspicions, and this only by the competent authorities.
- Anonymity relieves nobody from the responsibility for their actions.
Publications of the Pirate Party
- FisconetPlus (In progress)
- Guiding activists to protect their privacy on the web (In progress)
- SNCBGate / NMBSGate (Done)
The documentation related to this topic can be found here.
|Lezing:”Wat met mijn Privacy?”||Tue 11 December 2018, 8:00pm||Snuffel Hostel – Ezelstraat 42|
|Débat sans conférence: Que cacher ? Comment ?||Mon 2 April 2018, 8:00pm||Maison du Développement Durable – pl. Agora 2|
|Projection documentaire « Nothing to Hide »||Fri 9 March 2018, 7:30pm||Écuries du Biéreau – 3, scavée du Biéreau|
|Débat sans conférence: Rien à cacher, vraiment ?||Mon 5 March 2018, 8:00pm||Maison du Développement Durable – pl. Agora 2|
|Café Crypté - Ateliers d'autodéfense numérique||Sat 16 December 2017, 1:30pm||Barricade – Rue Pierreuse 15-22|
|Projection documentaire "Nothing to Hide"||Wed 6 December 2017, 7:00pm||Labokube – Chaussée de Louvain 242|
|Café Crypté - Ateliers d'autodéfense numérique||Sat 18 November 2017, 1:30pm||Barricade – Rue Pierreuse 15-22|
|La brique inter.net||Fri 20 October 2017, 11:00am||ISIB - Institut Supérieur Industriel de Bruxelles – 150, rue Royale|
|AssociaLibre 2017||Fri 20 October 2017, 9:00am||ISIB - Institut Supérieur Industriel de Bruxelles – 150, rue Royale|
|Le respect des données dans les réseaux sociaux||Thu 19 October 2017, 7:30pm||ISIB - Institut Supérieur Industriel de Bruxelles – 150, rue Royale|
|GDPR compliance by May 2018. Is it a Dream or can it be a Reality?||Thu 7 September 2017, 7:00pm||Transforma bxl – Avenue Jules Bordet, 13|