Object of this document: a to-do list that can be re-used for each GA, or for another type of pirate meeting, to make sure things are planned in a timely manner, and that nothing gets forgotten on the way. The template for the official procedure can be found here. The aspects that are related to the current Statutes are in bold.
First of all, some general thoughts in this document sent by Ivo: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s446/sh/51aaa0f1-2f3f-4d4c-8f83-50894ba06a10/31fdae9a8affb07e
At least 3 months before D day
- Set the date and city of the meeting
- Set the Theme/Question for the assembly ( --> coreteam)
12 weeks before
- Ask locals to look for a venue --> about the criteria for the venue, click here
- Create event on pirateparty.be and facebook
- Draft official invitation in FR-NL and send over pirate networks (make article for website page, ...)
10 weeks before
- Pirates are invited to contribute: let them know via all possible communcation means
- Call for discussion not only via getop but also in crew meetings
- Send request to 4G squad to translate the proposals along
- Prepare agenda of the day: discuss online and meet with locals, coreteam, IT, ask pirates input ...
- Invite people who would present something on the GA (reporting, seminars, ...)
5 weeks before
- Pirates are invited to amend existing proposals : let them know
- Prepare online registration form (example)
- Prepare check-up form (example) for pirates to be able to check if they are registered in the party
- Venue of the GA is known and explanations on how to reach it are available for the invitation
4 weeks before
- Check the venue: is there wifi, a wall on which to project or a screen, are there chairs, where can we eat, ...
- Send invitation with request to register
2 weeks before
- Transfer proposals into document for voting
1 week before
- Send reminder including "how to reach the venue"
- Meet with locals to discuss practicalities
- Go through the agenda and set times and priorities
Few days before
- Print the voting forms
- Print A4 pages to help locate the GA: 
- Print A4 pages with agenda of the day: 
- Define roles, who does what? Especially, find a chairperson (from the local organisers for instance - avoid someone from GA squad unless the team is large), possibly two (because it sucks a lot of energy). And someone to do the welcome-registration.
- Stick indication papers to help people reach the venue
- Prepare a welcome table for registration
- Set the etherpad, with agenda
- Put all slides on the laptop and save them so that the GA squad has them all
- If potluck-auberge espagnole : prepare a table where to put the food
Take along on D day
- Meetings bag: marker pens, scissors, tape, flags and other merchandising, pegs, wire thread, voting cards
- Beamer (unless present at venue of course...)
- Wifi routers (as back up if venue wifi fails)
- Up-to-date list of members
- Printed pages with
- Voting proposals, if applicable (at least one per pirate)
- A few agendas of the day, to be put on tables
- Papers for indicating location
- Power plugs (many laptops will have to be connected)
- Two laptops at least
- One for beamer
- One for local etherpad, in case internet connection is not reliable
- If available:
- Streaming (ask Kash?)
- Local server (as a back up if wifi fails - ask Askarel?)
- Sound system (ask Thomas G.?)
- Badging equipment
- It should include an explanation on communication (meaning of gestures, ...)
- and that every one is invited to take notes on the pad ("we all take notes").
End of the day
- Save contents of pads into text file
- Start follow-up page
- Congratulate yourselves!!! :-)
About the venue
The location of the meeting is a key for success. Let the organising team know about the following criteria before they choose a location:
- Internet connection is critical
- Wifi (for all): is it possible and does it work well enough?
- If not, we need at least the possibility to connect a wifi router or a PC via cable
- It is critical to know this in advance since a lot things depend on this
- Is it possible to project slides? (white wall or screen available?)
- Food: is it possible to bring our own food?
- If yes, are there drinks, plates, ... and is it possible to buy food outside for those who will forget
- If not, is it possible to eat outside, not too far, on the day of the GA (beware of sundays...)
- Start and end times
- Organisers should be able to be there at least 1 hour before pirates
- In case the agenda overflows, it is good to be able to stay longer than planned
- Ease of reaching the venue (from far away)
- How far is the train station? Is it easy to reach by bus, trams, ...
- What about parking?
- Setup and tables
- Can small table groups be done in case of workshops?