Pirate Assembly Fall 2014/Timeline
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Timing
- 2.1 Gathering 1: The Laboratory
- 2.2 Period 1: The Contributions (5 weeks)
- 2.3 Gathering 2: The Debates
- 2.4 Period 2: The Amendments (3 weeks)
- 2.5 Period 3: The Proposals ( 2 weeks)
- 2.6 Gathering 3: The Decisions (aka the Assembly)
- 2.7 Feedback and Follow-up
Time for an Assembly Cycle.
It will start The 5th of October and will end The 15th of December.
Under the theme: another way to do Politics
- Do we have to vote to make a group decision? Guest: Paul Nollen
- Decentralized projects: Wikipedia's month of contribution. Guest: Lionel Scheepman
- Freedom not Fear: Guest: Amelia Andersdotter
- European Pirates: Guest: Julia Redda
- Tools of PPBE, opinion.pirateparty.be ; Guest: Jonas Degrave
- What is a real social network? Guest: ?
- Decision-making processes: testing various methods for making decisions (majority voting, consensus, sociocracy, hat-o-cracy, ...): Guest : all pirates, who test each method for 20 min in small groups, deciding for each method on the same proposals, and then debrief on all this.
- Reporting by all squads and coreteam on their activities since the last GA, their achievements, their plans, their wishes, their despairs, ...
There is the Schedule:
- Proposal 1 (Valerie)
- Morning: reporting by squads and coreteam, discussion of projects, ideas, ... for each.
- Afternoon: Decision-making processes workshop
- Never: voting. We will vote in + 3 months. Let's vote every 6 months only, and meet every 3 months.
Gathering 1: The Laboratory
5th of October
Pirate decide the projects they want to work on together.
Period 1: The Contributions (5 weeks)
'October 5th' to 'November 9th'
" All the Pirates have the opportunity to make any response (s) to the question (s) asked. The duration of this period is five weeks. After two weeks, then every week, the Coreteam send an email to motivate all members. The texts are published on the website as and when they arrive, and assigned a number that identifies it. At the end of five weeks, no further contributions will be accepted, the list of contributions is stopped. "
Feedback from EGA 2014/08: an event is needed at the end of this period in order to:
- Prepare the amendments
Gathering 2: The Debates
Pirates meet to publish, comment and start translating the contributions
Period 2: The Amendments (3 weeks)
'November 9th' to 'November 30th'
"All the Pirates have the opportunity to modify, edit, delete, correct, translate contributions. The duration of this period is three weeks. At the end of three weeks, all amended texts become the " raw material " from which will be drawn up proposals to vote. "
Period 3: The Proposals ( 2 weeks)
'November, 30th' to 'December, 15th'
"All Pirates have the opportunity to build from the "raw material" proposals to vote . The duration of this period is two weeks."
Gathering 3: The Decisions (aka the Assembly)
Pirate meet to decide what to do with the proposals
The next General Assembly will start soon.
- Description of the location:
- Who: all members of the party. Check if you paid the membership fee :-) : http://finance.pirateparty.be/forms/member_test
- Parking space:
- Entrance: free of course :-)
La prochaine Assemblée Générale commencera bientôt:
- Description du lieu:
- Qui: Tous les membres du parti. Assurez-vous d'être en ordre de cotisation :-) : http://finance.pirateparty.be/forms/member_test
- Que prendre:
Binnenkort hebben we weer een algemene vergadering.
- Beschrijving van de locatie:
- Wie: alle leden van de partij hebben stemrecht. Het is vrij om een kijkje te komen nemen. Je kunt controleren of je lid bent van de partij hier: http://finance.pirateparty.be/forms/member_test
Feedback and Follow-up
Everything can be improved. Let's learn together.