I'm done ^^
I think this is it :) The only thing is that I used my own e-mail adres under the 'Get extra help'-section, because the last time the wiki-email didn't work for non-squad members (and I really think people should have a place to contact if they need help). But for the rest I think i'm done :p So, if there are any remarks or things I missed or things that are wrong, please say so. And for the rest; feel free to put this wherever would be good place :p -Ilja (talk) 12:37, 29 January 2017 (CET)
- Hey Ilja! Thank you very much for your work! I apologize for the late feedback... I've read a good part, but I didn't finish yet :/
- As you might have noticed, I added some links to help the user in case he is lost. I hope that this won't disturb him/her ^^'
- First, I have some thoughts about the Creating a squad page section: I wouldn't talk about squad page, but project page. The name of squad is very confusing and the underlying concept is very unclear to me. This force us to make the distinction between a long term project (thematic squads) and a short term project (project squads), which is never obvious when you create your project. Note that SquadSidebar template is unmaintained because of that. I would only use "Squad" for the 8 operational squads that are listed on the sidebar. So, all you have to do here is to replace the word squad by project and that should be fine ;)
- Also, would it be possible to make a section about the creation of meeting events and pirate beers? I've created forms for that, and I'm thinking to create one for crew pages in the future (during my next holidays, I assume .-.). Let me know if you have any questions about those forms! I've tried to make them as user-friendly as possible, which is not always easy when you have the nose into the code.
- Finally, I would suggest you to separate this guide into several parts (or chapters, if you want). Here is an example of what I'm talking about: https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:User_manual You can see that the user manual is divided into different pages. What do you think of this? :)
- Ah, and I suggest you to make a call for suggestions and (later) translations on the loomio group!
- Thank you again for your precious work ! :D I'll come back whenever I finished to read your manual ! Cheers /o/ --HgO (talk) 22:35, 7 February 2017 (CET)
I've finished as far as I can now :) But it would still need a section that shows how to upload files, and I don't know how to do that myself :p. I would also like to include a couple of screenshots (not to many), but for this I also need to know how to upload files. Another thing is to archive pages, is there a procedure for that? Or should I just drop that section? Also, I would like some input; Are there things still missing, are there things in there that are wrong or can be better...? --Ilja (talk) 18:07, 9 December 2016 (CET)
- Okey, and of course, yes :/ I still need to change the Introduction part a bit :p --Ilja (talk) 18:11, 9 December 2016 (CET)
- Thank you so much for your work ! :D For sending new files, you must use this form (link is available in the sidebar, on the "tools" section : "Import a file"). I didn't have time to read the manual yet, but it seems quite complete :) I'll come back here to share my feedback ;) --HgO (talk) 13:59, 10 December 2016 (CET)
- I forgot to answer your question about the archive pages. At the moment, we don't have any procedure to archive a page, but we are looking for one (see this discussion. So, it's a work in progress, I'd say :) --HgO (talk) 15:54, 10 December 2016 (CET)
- I think that [[:File:Some name]] (note the colon before File) should work :) --HgO (talk) 21:49, 8 February 2017 (CET)
- Works indeed. Thanks. I have actually used "media:" which opens the file alone. But in neither case does a special icon appear... but I thought I saw once a special icon for files...
Y a-t-il bientôt un workshop?
- Petit à petit ... le Wiki fait son nid :D ... je ne sais pas quand.--Tierce (talk) 02:44, 4 December 2016 (CET)
Pour augmenter la visiblité du wiki
On pourait faire aussi : http://piratelab.be/wiki/ ? Notez que cette page wordpress est sur prateLAB.be mais elle pourrait exister sur le site pirateparty.be si ça vous dit. Et dans les 3 langues puisque les videos sont sans voix --Tierce (talk) 02:44, 4 December 2016 (CET)
- I would definitely like to use that video manual as well (and link to it from this manual. The more ways people can get on the wiki, the better I would think :p ). If necessary, I can translate the English parts to Dutch. --Ilja (talk) 18:47, 5 December 2016 (CET)
Two pages with probably the same goal?
May become (it's a suggestion):