Internal Democracy/Meeting/20 05 2017
|Internal Democracy: Creating guidelines|
|Date||Sat 20 May 2017|
|Venue||Via Via Brussels|
|Find routes on OpenStreetMap|
|Clone this meeting|
We will meet in ViaVia Café, Quai aux briques 74, 1000 Brussels at 13h00.
Please read carefully our meeting guidelines, as they will be used during this meeting.
The aim of this meeting will be to further define guidelines for a democratic meeting.
Last time, we decided that it could be useful to talk again about the structure, since it's linked to our thoughts about reporting, especially in regard to integrating newcomers. We shall also discuss about where do we report (wiki or pad ?), and put the theory of reporting into practice.
Everybody who wants to help with this is, of course, welcome :)
A second version of File:MeetingGuidelines UnderConstruction.odt is proposed (especially the Intro).
- Intro plenary
- There are tree short roundtables:
- Everyone tells at what time they want/need to leave.
- Everyone says how they feel/what there mood is (1-2 words)
- Everyone tells about their expectation(s) and/or wish(es)
- Expectations (what do they want to do/talk about/see happening). We defined expectations as things need to be done/happen or else you wouldn't want to come any more.
- Everyone tells their wishes. These are thing you would like to see done/like to do, but it's not so bad if these don't happen.
- After this subgroups are formed (3/5 people) based on wishes (what people want to do/talk about).
It is proposed that way taking account of the fact that it is not easy for those who never experimented the difference between expectation and wish.
The tree points (instead of four) about yourself maybe useful for the Introduction Plenary, the Subgroups and the Newcomers (who may join later in a meeting or are very new to the pirates).
For the next meeting, the main idea is to
- keep working to have a simple guidelines structure containing some recommended fundamentals
- keep working about the reporting (where do we report (wiki/pad/mindmap/pictures/documents ?)
- keep practicing with our own Internal Democracy guidelines.