Crew Brussels/Meeting/11 07 2012
|Date||Wed 11 July 2012|
|Find routes on OpenStreetMap|
|Clone this meeting|
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Approval of minutes from previous meeting
- 1.2 Venue of future meetings
- 1.3 Campaign-related items
- 1.4 Election of a treasurer for Brussels
- 1.5 Social Media & IT
- 1.6 Creation of a Brussels Press Squad ?
- 1.7 Fleet meeting 24/07
- 1.8 Misc
- Approval of minutes from previous meeting
- Venue of future meetings
- Campaign-related items
- Update on signature hunt
- Creation of a Brussels Street Squad ?
- Update from Brussels Program Squad
- Election of a treasurer for Brussels
- Social Media & IT
- Creation of a Brussels Press Squad ?
- Fleet meeting 24/07
Approval of minutes from previous meeting
Venue of future meetings
- Amelia Andersdotter's office will be the new place for work meetings
- Next pirate meetup @Kafka, then we'll decide if we stay there or not
Update on signature hunt
- Progress is still too slow
- In order to collect signatures by distance (eg through internet) we can give people's the pirate office's address where they can send signed forms. This address + the form will be put on the website as soon as it is set up.
- Individual initiatives to collect signatures from elected officials are welcome, but we won't put any collective efforts behind it.
Creation of a Brussels Street Squad ?
- There is no point in creating a squad top-down, first step is to find people interested
- Everyone should be involved in collecting signatures.
- No decision on this.
Update from Brussels Program Squad
- Some complains were voiced regarding the structure and functioning of the squad.
- It was however agreed that we would keep the current system until something better is found.
- It was suggested this would be a great application for the LQFB.
- Line's idea : meet every Saturday at 4pm in a public area to discuss a particular topic. This is meant as an open and participative event to get people to stop for a bit and talk about politics. We need different tools to communicate on this, Line agreed to pull this project and keep us informed.
- Paul is taking care of the merchandise, inc. flyers
- French flyers are on the wiki as .pdf
Election of a treasurer for Brussels
- No candidate --> item pushed to next meeting.
- At some point the national pirate account will be moved to Triodos, but this is not urgent.
- Nino will ask the coreteam to open a separate bank account for the Brussels region, otherwise Nino will open one himself
Social Media & IT
- There's some confusion between the FB page and group, but each has its utility so it was decided to keep them.
- It was decided to create local blogs and/or pages under the main website domain name.
Creation of a Brussels Press Squad ?
- Pascal will be responsible at the Brussels level for now
- A structure already exists at national level and should be contacted / revitalised.
Fleet meeting 24/07
- Someone from Brussels should participate, Nino will try to make it.
- We can use Amelia Andersdotter's office until 2014. Someone from Amelia's team will be there on a fixed time each week + possibly on a permanent basis starting in September (still unsure). A set of keys will be handed out to Nino. There will be an online agenda on which we can book the office for events.
- New name for pirate beers : pirate meetup.