Crew Brussels/Meeting/14 03 2012

From Pirate Party Belgium
< Crew Brussels‎ | Meeting
Revision as of 21:00, 10 February 2017 by Franky (talk | contribs) (Franky moved page CrewBrussels/Meeting08 to Crew Brussels/Meeting/14 03 2012: meeting naming convention)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting08 Toicon-icon-avocado-discuss.svg
Workgroup Crew Brussels
Date Wed 14 March 2012
Time ?
Address
?
Brussels
City
Attendees Jurgen, Line, Pieter, Jonas, Marouane, Monika, Paul, Thomas, Nofel, Xavier, mab, Xavier S.
Previous meeting Next meeting
Loading map...
Find routes on OpenStreetMap
Export iCalendar
Clone this meeting


Organisational discussion

  • The main topic for the meeting is the organisation of General Assembly of PPBe
  • Prior to the agenda discission, a discussion on language during meeting
    • try english
    • otherwise fall back on native

Preparation of General Assembly

Location

  • Proposals:

1) Paul and Marouan's proposal 2) demarkten.be 3) coworking place

  • We have chosen demarkten.be for Sunday 25th of March
  • To confirm the location availability, Line will go in the morning (i.e. Thursday 8th March) :
    • Preferred date: 25th of March, or 1st of April, backup date
    • get invoice on Black Pearl
    • Monika will provide info on info required to put invoice on Black Pearl
    • check if they have wifi
    • We need at least 1 flipchart
    • Check about tables
    • Line will ask and get confirmation on paper
    • We need to know when we can access the location, earliest and latest hour


Time schedule

  • Suggestion of doors opening at 09:00 am
  • start of GA at 10:00 am
  • start with financial stuff which is not to interest to everyone
  • Food question
    • what do we do
    • markten can provide

Agenda for General Assembly

  • mab: what we have right now: three hour meeting
  • we need to send agenda 2 weeks in advance (preliminary)
  • Annotations des présences et validité de l'assemblée
  • Compte rendu des activités du parti pour 2011
  • Compte rendu des comptes / finances du parti pour 2011
    • financial activities report
    • presentation + QA
    • reports done by Monika and Jurgen
    • no time really to send this out in advance, if it turns out it's possible, would be nice to send it out
    • one number that Thomas wants on the table: what is the total income of the year.
  • QA for the party;
    • Jurgen will do answering or relay question
    • add info@pirateparty.be for people to send in questions ahead of time
  • Note: Démission des responsables actuels
  • Elections de nouveaux responsables:
    • elections at the end of the day
    • 3 co-presidents
      • list of candidates:
        • most candidates will be available beforehand on wiki
        • spur of the moment candidates are also allowed
        • should create a wiki page for candidates
        • each candidate have to present on ga, 5 min max. Half hour or more Q and A, let everyone ask questions to any or all candidates
        • acceptance ritual
        • the mail that calls people to the assembly NEEDS TO CONTAIN request for candidacy
  • Two possibilities: five or seven board members. Vote on the approach during the meeting
    • five member system
      • 3 co-presidents
      • treasurer
      • secretary general
    • seven members system
      • 3 co-presidents
      • treasurer
      • secretary general
      • 2 extra people
    • idea of replacements for each post
    • note that the treasurer becomes head of npo
    • make intro for this point
  • Operation mode
  • Explain the current structure, i.e. three pirates rule
    • Jurgen will explain
    • Squads, Crew, CoreTeam
  • F***** manual
    • Paul and Marouane worked on a document: statutes
  • Liquid feedback system presentation. Used for political discussions
    • Jonas will do presentation
    • Sandb backup/help presentation
  • Vote the statutes
    • minimum: containing the clause on liquid feedback and board/presidents
    • full: The F**** manual
    • in any case, from there on, it's on liquid feedback
  • ask anyone to bring in motions, proposals on the manual; to say how long they need; on the mail
  • The F**** needs to be mailed
  • Discussion community elections 2012
    • Intro by Marouan
    • do we talk about this on the meeting
    • someone presents all we know right now about elections community
    • general info’s
    • Thomas will do this for Flanders
  • Squads
    • Web Squad
      • Mike & Line will do this
      • 15 min presentation
    • IT Squad
      • Jonas
      • 15 min presentation
      • itworkgroup@pirateparty.be
      • Thomas wants to take on the coordination tasks.
    • Social media squad
      • Xavier S. will present this
      • 15 minutes presentation
      • twitter, facebook, papers, blogs, etc
    • Welcome squad
      • Paul and Monika will present
      • takes in new people
      • 15 minutes presentation

To Do

  • Final docs need to be put online
  • Translated into Dutch, English
  • Friday finalized 9th F***** manual by Marouan, when ready, put it on wiki
  • David translates into Dutch (Monika will follow up)
  • Pieter will translate into English
  • Monika will coordinate the preparations for to GA
  • Job descriptions
    • first draft on wiki, asap, by Monika
    • they need to be completed, everyone help out!
    • especially the co-president one
  • Application for candidate president
    • Monika has samples from 2010
    • agreed on the form
  • Online docs availability
    • Put up GA page on wiki
    • Candidates can make subpages
    • Marouan will put the F** manual in FR on wiki
  • Note: Wiki and language
    • Wiki language English, if you want, translate to French and Dutch, if you want
  • Letter GA
    • Line will translate to NL for Monika
    • Pieter is backup translator
  • send to all mailing lists
  • we need to ask for confirmation that they will come, will scare them into confirming by saying it's needed.

Practical aspects of GA

  • Language: ask at the beginning of the meeting, suggest to held GA in English only
  • Who votes for the regional presidents: everyone votes for all presidents (not the flemish for the flemish)
  • Voting system: STV - Schultz method - on paper
    • everyone can vote first, second, third, ... (to rank)
    • practically: printing ballots, distribute ballots
    • Thomas is doing the lightning fast generation of a document and then print it for everyone
    • Jurgen will provide Thomas with a template
    • Election commission required: randomly selected 2 people at least
    • GA invitation send out for people who are paying members; captains provide lists of the members of the crew by Tuesday evening next week. 13th. captains communicate with majong@pirateparty.be
  • Streaming, video recording
    • Streaming requires good internet connection, 300kbps, most probably not
  • Rapporteur: Pieter, Paul backup
  • Leading assembly: Jurgen & Monika
  • Line will greet the pirates
  • IT Part; Pieter will ask Mike, Pieter backup
  • Printing before the GA (manual, candidatures): Jeremy via Paul
  • Badges for people: Pin machine by Thomas, we can prepare those beforehand, thomas will disperse the templates for anyone to design
  • sticker badges we have
  • Merchandising: Pieter will bring what gent has
  • Food, drinks: drinks by the markten, at the end; "verre de l'amitie" Line needs to check how we can make this happen

Note: IF ANYONE WHO COMITTED SOMTHING, CAN'T MAKE IT, CONTACT JURGEN OR MONIKA IMMEDIATELY (WE ARE ON A THIGHT SHEDULE). IF YOU DID NOT DO IT IMMEDIATELY, DO IT NOW.

List of responsible people/tasks

  • To do's before assembly
    • Monika: Monika will provide info on info required to put invoice on Black Pearl to Line
    • Monika: First drafts Job Description on wiki, asap, by Monika
    • Line: Line will go in the morning to demarkten, rent room and get confirmation on paper
    • Line: Line will translate Invitation letter dutch
    • Line: Line will check regarding "verre de l'amitié"
    • Jurgen: Jurgen will provide Thomas with a Voting form template
    • Jeremy: Printing before the GA (manual, candidatures): Jeremy via Paul
    • David: David translates statutes into Dutch
    • Pieter: Pieter will translate statutes into English
    • Thomas: will disperse the pin templates for anyone to design
  • To do’s on assembly day
    • Monika & Jurgen: Jurgen and Monika: short financial presentation
    • Monika & Jurgen: Leading assembly: Jurgen & Monika
    • Jurgen: Jurgen Q&A on the party; answer or relay questions
    • Jurgen: operation mode: Jurgen will explain the three pirates rule
    • Monika: welcome squad presentation
    • Jonas: Jonas does presentation on Liquid Feedback
    • Jonas: on IT
    • Marouan & Thomas: Marouan (Intro) and Thomas: presentation on community elections 2012 & 2014 in Flanders
    • Mike & Line: presentation Web Squad
    • Line: Line will greet the pirates at the GA
  • Mike: IT Part; Pieter will ask Mike, Pieter backup
  • Xavier S.: Social media squad presentation
  • Marouan: will create wiki General Assembly page
  • Thomas: is going to take care of the printing of the voting forms
  • Pieter: Rapporteur, Paul backup
  • Pieter: will bring merchandising of Gent