What's wrong with GA's?
- Not enough preparation from members
- Not enough follow-up
- Produces inconsistant or too complex statutes
- Voting generates conflicts
- Too punctual
- Too heavy to prepare
- Low participation rate
Which are the current problems in our organisation?
- too much work to be done, not enough work being done
- interested people are not integrated quick enough
- Mumble permanence implemented
- Newsletter soon back on track
- Call to volunteers to answer to "firstname.lastname@example.org" in the next assembly.
What can we do?
- Organise an event (<- not really a screwdriver, more like a different hammer)
- Determine clear goals and specify credible intermediate objectives
- Focus on the objectives, not on the structure
- Less content per event
- Better follow-up (GetOp, crew meetings)
- Voting frequency reduced by half
- Events related with each others (each event introduces the next one)
- Possibility to participate on-line or between the events
- Organise the "First yearly questionnaire"
- Ask people on their opinion of all topics which have (or have not) entered the discussions in the past year.
- Go around the pirates and see what they're interested in, find their opinions for possible responses, see what they want to know from other pirates
- Make it informative, non-binding by majority. It's a stimulus for discussion.
- Make the results interactive