Event/03 10 2017/1
|Date||Tue 3 October 2017|
|Venue||The Sister Brussels Café|
|Topics||Universal Basic Income (UBI)|
|Find routes on OpenStreetMap|
|Clone this event|
There are several ongoing projects worldwide that are moving ahead:
- Grantcoin moved to 2.0 and is rebranding to Manna
- The Berlin based Circles project is progressing on development
- a ubicoin.network white paper has been launched that connects the idea of Basic Income with the protocol of Bancor.network
- There are other projects like http://ovie.io/ , https://www.givedirectly.org/ , https://www.winc-ev.org/ & http://catallax.info/ , http://www.resilience.me, ... all building on this same idea of introducing a Basic Income to society , not via politics, but via tech and a new collaborative economic model (with blockchain as a catalyst for this)
This meetup will be an online & offline event.
We will try to get representatives of each of the ongoing projects calling in on a google hangout session, present their specific project & contribute their views on the challenges they are facing.
Rhys Lindmark will be joining on the call as moderator of this panel & to guide the discussions. There will also be room for Q&A of the audience.
We welcome both BasicIncome-enthusiasts as CryptoCurrency-lovers to Brussels to find out about the future of Basic Income and Cryptocurrency & discuss all this afterwards over a Belgian Beer.
About the Organizer
Belgium Basic Income Tech Meetup is about strategies to implement an Unconditional Basic Income (as described by UBIE - http://basicincome-europe.org/ubie/) without the struggle of a political process but by the means of new technology, disruptive currencies (like bitcoin) & a Peer-to-Peer Economy model. This group is based on the Berlin meetup on the same topic (http://www.meetup.com/Berlin-Basic-Income-Bedingungsloses...) .
This group is for :
- People who are interested in discussing the idea of Basic Income
- People interested in social innovation by the means of new technology
- People who are interested in a further growth of digital currencies
- People who are interested in different forms of government
- People supporting Peer-to-Peer Economy models
We started this group to bring Basic Income advocates and Bitcoin/Blockchain evangelists together to interact, discuss, learn and challenge eachother in the idea of using digital currencies and blockchain for a Basic Income experiment.