Crew Brussels/Meeting/16 05 2012
|Date||Wed 16 May 2012|
|Attendees||Maël, Clotilde, Line, Jurgen, Nino, Nofel, Marouan, Claire, Nees, Xavier, Frédéric|
|Find routes on OpenStreetMap|
|Clone this meeting|
- Vote & validation Captain and Navigator for the Brussels crew ;
- Debriefing/Report about press conferences/coverage ;
- Elections : Progress, organisation and lists ;
- Agenda/planification of activities & tasks for the upcoming weeks/months ;
- Various (if someone would like to add a topic)
- For practical reasons (not enough pirates), it was decided NOT to split the Brussels region de facto crew into municipal crews for now, although this is still the long-term goal ;
- By unanimity, Claire and Maël were respectively elected captain and navigator of the Brussels crew. However, Claire still needs to confirm she wants to take on this role.
Debriefing/Report about press conferences/coverage
- May the 9th, Press Conference in Namur, on a boat
- Interviews for
- TV :Canal C, RTBF, TV Brussels
- radio : FM Brussels, Radio Panik
- written press : Belga, Le Soir, Vers l’Avenir
- The first press confernec took place in Malines at the initiative of the P.P. Antwerpen and was about a presentation of the flemish P.P.
- In this one, we’ve spoken about strategy (program — « Just do it » —; lists; the idea that anyone, waloon, flemish or from Brussels should be able to vote for the P.P.)
- Idea to do another one before the end of June, in Brussels, to give the names of the people that will be on the lists (but - we will have the final list of candidates on the 15th of August, so what do we do ? - logistic ? —where, how, with whom, etc —)
Elections : Progress, organisation and lists
- It was agreed that the focus point of our campaign should be on improving political transparency and promoting participative democracy ;
- Although this still needs tbc, we plan to present lists in the following municipalities : Brussels (Line),Ixelles (Jurgen), Schaerbeek (Marouan), St Josse (Clotilde), Nels (Tervuren) ;
- There are a number of legal obligations to respect to present ourselves to the elections, which can be found on the wiki page for the 2012 elections, and on the official elections website ;
- On 15/06 will be sent an internal call for candidacy to present a list in a municipality, which will last a month. On 15/07 will start a 2 weeks "objection period" during which any pirate may object to someone representing the Pirate Party at the 2012 elections. These objections will then be discussed until on 15/08 a final decision is taken and we have the final electoral lists of the PPBe ;
- Clotilde, Adrienne and Jurgen will work on a document to present to elected officials to collect their signatures (until 31/08), which will be presented at the PP work meeting of the 13/06 at the latest ;
- Some points remain unclear and need to be further discussed : the printing of flyers (who takes care of it? who pays for it? how many?), the collection of signatures (we need to plan events to collect signatures from electors), ... ;
- For practical organisation purposes, a collaborative timeline was set up by Jurgen, who can be contacted to receive editing rights.
Agenda/planification of activities & tasks for the upcoming weeks/months
- It was decided to maintain the present frequency of a work meeting every 2 weeks and a pirate beer every other 2 weeks ;
- The necessity for ad-hoc elections meetings will be evaluated in the following weeks.