Pirate Lab/Meeting/26 09 2015
|Date||Sat 26 September 2015|
|Find routes on OpenStreetMap|
|Clone this meeting|
Pirate Lab in Mons - September 26th, 2015
On Saturday September 26th, 2015 at Café Europa, Mons
Open at 12am, Lab starts at 1pm.
- 1) General Assembly
- 2) Manifesto
- 3) Symposium
1) GENERAL ASSEMBLY:
end of January/mid February in Gent
crew Gent is looking for a place to do it (Tuin of Eden)
topics and content: via Loomio 'Pirate Open Assembly'
- membership administration and welcoming
- IT and infrastructure: who is maintaining the site? what about mailing lists?
- general internal workings: structures and how they do relate
difference between program and manifesto:
- manifesto offers a vision, a dream
- program offers details
* 1- group/common manifesto = one text for all of us:
- better for the political party
- link with tech pirates?
- good for the outer world, to convince people who don't know the pirates yet
- singular, clear, convincing
- difficult to make one common text, process will be messy
- we have to find a way to provide a text like that
- Toon and Damiens are working on a singular text: working on technical solution for 'how can we write that manifesto and make it democratically sustained (with ammendments and way to support them) > will take time!!
- Vincent: how to merge different texts > http://emerge.shoutwiki.com
* 2- compilation of individual manifesto's:
- better for the movement
- link with social/relational pirates?
- a bit messy, not consistent for the outer world
- good for the internal group: everyone gives input
- also possible for groups and crews to write their own manifesto
- put all the manifesto's in a word cloud > see which topics are huge, and which ones are small
* 3- combination of both: the are compatible
- make sure that both groups are represented (relational and tech)
- there is a spectrum with black and white, but also grey: there is much more than social pirates and tech pirates (simplification), we have to focus on the common
- both approaches can be combined: we can start with the individual manifesto's, and keep working on the tool for the central one
- make a questionnary as a guidline for writing: why are you a pirate?
TO DO LIST !!!!!
- 1- motivate people to write an individual manifesto (wait a little bit for the questionnary)
- 2- make a questionnary: gather input for the common manifesto (Toon, Danny, Pascal, Jonas, Josse, Tim) > Toon is taking initiative on the Manifesto Working Group on Facebook
- 3- tool to make a common manifesto, we have the input already from the questionnary (Toon and Damiens)
1- Is it a pirate event or not?
- Two kinds of approach for events like this:
- 'these are subject we as pirates are interested in, and that's why we invited authorities'
- these speakers are pirates and they speak in our name
- not all three speakers are 'official pirates', so we chose first approach
- who is organizing and paying?
- financial account of Pirate Party Belgium
- organization by P42 (vzw/asbl linked to Brussels pirate crew)
- who is our public?
- pirates and non-pirates
2- How do we fund the event?
- ask people to pay an entrance fee (idea not supported)
- put a donation box !!!
- sell things? pins or buttons?
- we want to keep it simple
- if speakers want to sell books:
- they announce it and organize it themselves
3- How do we promote the event?
- boost the event by paying on Facebook:
- the host of the event (Pirate Party Belgium) can boost it
- ask supporters to boost it (Promote Event)
- visibility is very low when you don't pay: Facebook is playing trics
- sharing event on Facebook pages related to basic income (everyone can do this individually)
- spread it through event websites (mention: 'sponsored by Pirate Party Belgium' instead of 'organized by PP Be)
- Politics.be, basisinkomen.be, Oikos, ...
- Twitter? what about the pirate Twitter accounts?
- graphic design? (brother of Danny!)
- flyer in pdf: digital flyers to spread on the internet, people can print it
- paper prints for universities, student bars, ...
4- Do we stream or film the event?
- no live streaming, can easily go wrong
- record and make a promotion film for social media??
- we need:
- cameraman and technical crew
- someone for montage
- material: good camera + statief
- we need:
5- How do we welcome new people and keep in touch?
- information about pirates: flyers
- mailing lists: gather mail adresses on paper !!!
- note on mailing lists:
- can be used to send invitation for the event!!
- mailing lists should be cleaned up
- huge work: there is no collection of all addresses in one place, there are many different mailinglists and in there you have all the different addresses
- we have to get it straight before we start using it again: bad impression
- avoid massive spam
- note on mailing lists:
TO DO LIST !!!!!
- start marketing and promotion: share the event through Twitter and Facebook (everyone)
- send event to specialised event websites
- cleaning up mailing lists? (huge work, will be topic of GA)
- camera and staief (Pascal and Toon)
- digital registration form (EventBright?) 'come early, full is full'
- digital flyer (brother Danny)